Brighton, Ninians Road
Victorians are rarely able to enjoy bathing in a tropical garden setting — this design achieves that goal.
Our client asked us if we could bring the garden into the bathroom. “Of course,” we said. Double glazing switch glass was installed to protect it from UV degradation.
“What about an off-the- floor shower screen?” he asked. We installed a custom-designed, shower screen support that re-routes water back to the rain shower. Supplied water to the rain shower.
Tiles of varied sizes and colours are positioned to create an interesting and unpredictable design, and a clever use of wall cavities hides the paraphernalia normally housed in vanity cupboards. Treated recycled oak frames the well-lit mirror, and under-floor and towel heating combines with an automated odour extractor from the toilet bowl to make this luxury bathroom a pure joy to use.
Best features: A private, temperature-controlled, tropical garden shower in Victoria at the flick of a switch.Designer: Owen
- Basin: Coral stone
- Tapware: Tonic basin & wall mixers
- Showerhead: Methven Rere square drencher
- Shower screen: 10mm low iron glass suspended on a custom polished chrome pillar
- Tiles: Porcelain, Urban Edge Blanc 800 x 400 and Mud 600 x 1200
- Bench top: Custom designed and made in Ceasarstone Emperadoro
- Mirror frame: Recycled oak, Endeavor whitewash
- Niche: Tiled in contrasting colours with mitred edges
- Window: Custom switchable glass double-glazed with low e-glass
- Shower window reveal: Corian, Lava rock
- Toilet: Zero 50 wall hung pan with Geberit in wall cistern
- Ventilation: Automated toilet odour extraction